La Aurora Factory Tour
Visit the facilities of the centennial factory and get an inside look at the La Aurora operation. History, tradition and innovation are three elements that characterize every square meter of the facility.
What began as a modest family business now stretches across 80 countries and travelers who want to experience the age-old tradition of cigar making can learn the tricks of the trade on a tour of this iconic factory. For over a century the factory honors the work ethic in the manufacture of high quality cigars, according to the demands of the domestic and international markets, the tradition, the historic quality and personal touch that each employee contributes to the La Aurora Family.
Choose your tour date and explore the cigars tours…
Select the date to check availability
The Factory Tour was designed to show you how we prepare the best dominican cigars. The tour lasts 45 minutes and consists of 5 stops:
- The Store – The Factory Tour begins when you arrive at the La Aurora store. After a brief presentation and video you will be guided through the different areas of the factory.
- Primary Process – This is where you get to see firsthand the different types of tobacco and the aging process. Here you will see and learn how various tobaccos are sorted.
- Deveining – The removal of the veins is a critical process of preparing the tobacco, and we will show you how it is done.
- Bunching & Rolling – Constructing a cigar is a 3 step process. See our skilled rollers bunch, bind and roll our premium cigars.
- Packing – Once cigars have been rolled they undergo further aging. Packing is the final stop before cigars are shipped abroad.
Departure & Return
Arrival and Departure is on site at La Aurora Factory in Santiago
You must wear a shirt and closed shoes.
Restrictions: Over 18 years of age only
50% refund with 24 hours notice No refund if same day cancellation